Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Brrrrr....It's cold in here.

Yes, I am perfectly aware that I'm going to sound crazy, but I was actually cold in bikram last.

It was dry and the heat kept going in and out. It was totally cold.

To make myself sound less crazy, I would like to point out that the other work study gal also felt the coldness. The new people probably didn't feel the chill.

From Bikramyoga.com's FAQ's:
7. What is the recommended room temperature for Bikram Yoga?

The recommended temperature is minimum 105F degrees and about 40% humidity.

The room is kept at this temperature or more for the following:

  • Keeping the body from overheating (contrary to popular misconception)
  • Protecting the muscles to allow for deeper stretching
  • Detoxing the body (open pores to let toxins out)
  • Thinning the blood to clear the circulatory system
  • Increasing heart rate for better cardiovascular workout
  • Improving strength by putting muscle tissue in optimal state for reorganization
  • Reorganize the lipids (fat) in the muscular structure
Notice the highlighted part. My muscles were not protected last night and everything hurts (times 10). I had faux protection. I was hot, but not hot enough. Woe is me, or should I say woe are my muscles.

/end rant

Has anyone experienced "cold spots" or a cold room? How did it affect your practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment