Monday, August 29, 2011

How does the saying go? Whatever doesn't kill you, blah blah blah...

I really do not like this saying. It may be true, but when your upset and frustrated, the last thing you want to hear is some retarded bullshit that is supposed to help you hold your head high.

I hate my job. Seriously. I know many people blurt this out from time to time, but I really mean it with all of my heart. I took my current job to get away from another shitty job where I was constantly getting harassed by my managers religious beliefs and downright snarkiness. Now at my current shitty job, I have been royally fucked over in terms of my salary and my longevity with the company. I won't go into details because it makes me ridiculously angry, but let's just say I was told one thing (for MONTHS) and was given something else entirely. I was lied to and it hurts. I feel betrayed and very unappreciated.

My class after work that day was terrible. I couldn't let go of the conversation I had with my boss and I couldn't let go of the anger. It really affected my class and I wasn't able to bring myself in the room the entire time. After camel, I was on the verge of tears. Camel can bring out intense emotions in a person, but the only ones I ever got out of it was utter joy and happiness. In a nutshell, class sucked total balls. After work study, all I wanted to do was go home and be around the people that I love. Thank god for Chantal coming over on Friday and making me watch Team America. Nothing like a silly movie to put you in a good mood. Laughter is the best medicine.

I need bikram in my life now more than ever. I need the personal time to reflect on my life and to plan my next move. I need to feel good about myself and to know that this too, shall pass. This single activity that I love is going to save me from a lifetime of unhappiness behind a desk. I was not made to sit in a little box all day. I was not put on this earth to go along with the sheep that call themselves Corporate America. I feel trapped in my current situation and I need to GET OUT.

What I need is to feel alive and to help others feel alive as well. I want to teach this beautiful, life changing experience to people that need an escape from their daily routine, as I do right now.

***Sidenote***
I wrote this a couple weeks ago. I still feel exactly the same way and I have taken huge steps to get out of my current situation. The job hunt is in full swing and I have been going on interview and applying EVERYWHERE. I want to fly where the wind takes me. I want to throw myself in a challenge so that I have the ability to learn from it and grow. Bring it on world.

No comments:

Post a Comment