Saturday, July 23, 2011

The days are starting to run together....

So I cheated on Day 11. I originally said that I was going to rest due to my back pain, but I had a great opportunity to utilize the top floor of my parking garage. There is a horrendous heat wave ripping it's way through the city as I type this. And on Thursday, the heat index was upwards of 114. Around 9:00 that night, I checked the weather channel and the heat index had dropped to 109 and the humidity was at 50%. Hmm...those conditions sound familiar. I grabbed my mat and towel and took a hike to the 6th floor of the parking garage. Lucky for me, no ever goes up there. :)

This was one of my better ideas. Ever. There is something to be said about seeing the stars during your savasana. My energy was through the roof, even when I was taking it easy during the back bends. There was a light breeze that kept me slightly cooler than I am used to, but I still managed to sweat out the toxins. However, I did come across one little issue. My balance was totally off. I was having a really hard time trying to make the slight adjustments that I normally make, without a mirror. I really had to focus and concentrate on every posture to make sure that my alignment was correct. Every bikram class I have ever taken was in front of a mirror. Even if I couldn't see myself 100%, I was still able to make those imperative adjustments without toppling over. I managed to get through all the postures and both breathing exercises. I timed myself at 94 minutes. My last savasana kind of turned into a star gazing session....

Friday (day 12) was an interesting class. I left my apartment at 5:20AM. Yes. 5:20AM, on a Friday...sometimes I question my sanity. I arrived at the Dupont studio around 6:00, just in time for the 6:15 class. Now. Let me start out by saying that morning classes are not my friend. I have to fight myself to get through and I can never stop thinking about how hungry I am. Have you ever had your stomach make a loud grumbling noise in a COMPLETELY SILENT class of 20-30 people that are trying to meditate? Not cool. But this class was different. My energy from the night before stayed with me. I left feeling awake and rejuvenated. Maybe that day of rest was more beneficial than I thought. I just can't let it become a trend. I keep telling myself that I need to make that day up before I hit day 30.

Today, day 13, was hot. Really, really hot. So hot that when the instructor opened the door facing Wisconsin Ave., I felt a cool breeze. I went back to Bethesda to cover a friend for work study. Class was at 1:30, but I got there at 1:00 to roll mats and help clean up the mirrors. Class was hot as I previously mentioned. I drank all my water before camel and had to run out for a quick refill. This is the first time I have left the room early in FIVE years. I really didn't want to, but it had to be done.

Looking forward to tomorrow. It's the halfway point. Only two more weeks to go. I feel different. Stronger. I've lost 3 pounds and my weight stopped fluctuating. I feel internally clean. I haven't worn deodorant at all in over a week. Yes, that sounds weird, but with no toxins, there is no BO. I'm totally excited to see the changes that will happen in the next couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment