Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So yeah.

Now i'm frustrated. Day 14, great class, did every posture, no pain, didn't overdo it on the backbends.

Woke up this morning. Pain in my back. WTF?!???

I'm thinking that maybe I need to take a break, and re-evaluate my approach. I'm not quitting bikram, far from it. However, the challenge has come to an end, for now. I'm going to keep going 3-4 day a week and also add in some running (for better endurance) and kickboxing/weights (to build muscle, especially in my back).

I think that after taking almost a month off from exercising in general, my body kind of freaked out when I started the 30 day challenge. Before I broke my toe, I was exercising on a very regular basis. 5-6 days a week. Running, kickboxing, boxing and bikram. I would always switch it up week to week to keep things interesting. Then I broke my toe...dun dun dun. I couldn't do anything for almost a month. Three weeks before I started the challenge, I was going to bikram 4 days a week. Which is a lot, but I don't think I gave myself enough time to really prepare for what I was about to start. Bikram is challenging, especially when done everyday. Your body goes through a lot and you learn how to push yourself and you learn your limits. Some great things have come from my recent classes. I'm more acclimated to the heat and I've learned to love those couple postures that I used to loath (ahem, savasana and rabbit...). I will conquer the 30 day challenge. I will not let this beat me.

In the meantime....where is my tiger balm?

No comments:

Post a Comment